Page views

Thursday 20 February 2014

Senator Anyanwu Journeys To PDP, Quits APGA

 



The gale of defections in the country ahead of the 2015 elections has continued to compel politicians to move from one political party to another.
The latest defectee is Senator Chris N.D Anyanwu, senator representing Imo East Senatorial District.

In her message titled “Letter To My People” Senator Anyanwu said she decided to leave APGA because of internal crisis bedevilling it . Below is full text of her letter


“I write to formally inform you of my decision to quit APGA. Let me assure you that it was not a decision that came easy because, entangled with political considerations was the huge emotional burden arising from the special relationship I have cultivated with the ordinary struggling people who populace APGA. But it is precisely for them and in their interest that I make this move.

I have looked at the political landscape, the unfolding formations and the interplay of forces nationally and decided that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would present a more assured avenue through which I could continue to advance the interests of the hard-working, courageous people of my constituency.

I return to the PDP in the interest of the common people who I represent in APGA; in the interest of my whole constituency, Owerri Senatorial Zone; and indeed in the interest of the whole State.

In these tumultuous days, it is in their best interest that I return to a platform that will position me to be part of the important conversations and events unfolding in the effort to shape a new Nigeria society.

APGA has been mired in internal crises and litigations that have drained its energies, resources and focus. The rare historical break-through we enjoyed in clinching the Governorship seat which presented an opportunity to build a stronger party in the State became a lost dream. The peoples' struggle and victory became an aborted dream as the chief beneficiary abandoned the party and joined the Opposition.

I have worked hard, invested more to restore hope in APGA. When other leaders left, I stayed back as the steadying force in Imo APGA. I have been the one dealing with the anxieties and morale problems of party people resulting from the intractable leadership tussles. But I have looked at the political landscape and seen the stormy weather gathering and I know that the future depends on forging creative alliances that will give the people real value for governance.

Therefore, I move in the interest of the people.
_______________
Senator Chris N.D. Anyanwu (MFR)
Imo East Senatorial District.
(Tuesday, February 18, 2014)

No comments:
Write comments