Page views

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Advertorial: Barr.Ken Njemanze (SAN) Writes People of Imo State On why He wants To Be Governor In 2015

 


Njemanze
Ndi Imo,

It is with deep humility that I write to inform you of my decision to run for the office of Governor of Imo State.

I decided to run for Governor after years of observing the state of affairs in our dear State and careful consideration of what can be done to make things better.

 I strongly believe that Imo State can be much better that it is now. Our resources can be better managed to benefit a greater number of people; not frittered away on white elephant projects of dubious value to the people.

Our Government can be better run as it was in the past when checks and balances built into the system to curtail excesses were recognized and respected; and Government existed to serve the interests of the people and not those of a few placed individuals and their families.

Rule of Law can be upheld better. Not just in songs and speeches but in the actions of Government. Very little can be achieved in an arbitrary climate where all that counts are the whims and desires of one man.

The lives of our people can be improved and made better. With good and responsible governance this goal can be achieved without too much difficulty.

We cannot continue to fold our hands, watching things go from bad to worse, only to turn around to complain about how bad things are or have become.

One thing I learnt when I served in Government as Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice was that you can only make meaningful and widespread impact on the fortunes of the people and the State if you are Governor.

As a political appointee, your scope is only limited to your sphere of influence, being your Ministry or agency and even then any changes you want to make are subject to the approval of the Governor.

Just as you do, I have a stake in Imo State. Apart from the brief period of my life when educational pursuits took me away, I have lived and worked in Imo State all my life.

My roots are here. My family is here; almost all my clients are here. I have nowhere to run to. I have an obligation to ensure that Imo State becomes better and greater. A State where the indigenes and inhabitants are happy and proud.

Over the years, in the course of my education and work, I have acquired the skills and experience which I feel are necessary to bring about the positive changes the people of Imo State desire.

The position of Governor as we have seen from experience requires intellectual capacity, focus and integrity.

However, I realize I cannot achieve anything without your support and your prayers. This is why I am calling on you not only to support my bid, but join hands with me in this crusade to improve the lot of Imo people and make Imo State great again.

I am counting on your support. Thank you and God bless.

Ken. C.O Njemanze. SAN, KSJI   

No comments:
Write comments