Page views

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Ohakim Fires On Guber Ambition, Begs Those Aggrieved With Him

 


OHAKIM

Former Imo State Governor, Ikedi Ohakim has towed the path of apology by asking for forgiveness from whomever he offended when he was the State Governor.

Ohakim governed Imo State from 2007 – 2011 before he lost to incumbent Rochas Okorocha in a nail biting Supplementary election.

 Local tabloids in Owerri reported that the former Governor specifically focused his apology on sacked school teachers, the operators of illegal shanties on major roads in the State and more importantly commercial motorcycle operators.

Ohakim who has hinted his intention to return to Government House, Owerri for a second time, spoke when he hosted leaders of Okigwe Zone who came to call on him to respond their request  to run for the Imo Governorship seat in 2015.

He said he felt he was on the right track but expressed surprise that during electioneering campaign for the 2011 elections, the incumbent Governor used it as a toll against him and rode to power.

On the controversial issue of flogging clergyman,  he said he never assaulted any clergyman rather his political opponents only went on with it to smear his image  adding that he has been vindicated by the victim.

On his governorship ambition, Ohakim said it will be his desire to complete his tenure as provided by the Constitution, , but noted that his party’s decision was paramount as he had promised to abide by any decision taken by his party.


“I will seek the authorisation of my party in line with the constitution to continue my tenure, but that does not mean I will not abide by my party’s decision, I am not desperate, my ambition is to fly my party’s flag.
“I will be a better human being now, those party members who voted for me, it is only me that can assuage their suffering, I have not declared but only consulting,” Ohakim stated.

No comments:
Write comments